Can I switch to integrated graphics in ASUS G750JX-T4073.

husejn_rm

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I need an new laptop for everyday use and I am going to use it much more while moving in another city. I am going to college this fall and I am looking for something powerful for heavy task but also for gaming. I took a look at the new ASUS G750JX. It was equipped with latest CPU and Graphics. I think this is a great choice for me but I do worry about a few things.

The most important is, the GPU. As I said I will use it much while moving and away my home and I will need good battery life sometimes. So to make it take longer I think to switch it to Integrated GPU and Lower the fan speed and brightness. The local seller said to me that this can be used with integrated Intel HD5000, but in a few youtube/web reviews it is said that this notebook can't use the Integrated GPU and you are required to use the Geforce GTX770M (which consumes a lot of power) all the time. Whom should I believe, the Online reviews or the local seller.

Also I need to know how much time (normal use) I can use it without charging.

I am also looking at ASUS N750JV which contains a weaker GPU nand the same CPU but is a low smaller. If you know some other good option please recommend me.

Thank you

Local price: $1510

Specs provided by the local Seller
ASUS G750JX-T4073 (FHD)
CPU: i7 4700HQ
RAM: 8GB DDR 1600MHz (3xslot free)
Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" (one bay free)
Graphics: nVidia Geforce GTX770M 3GB GDDR5 + Intel HD5000 VGA
DVD SuperMulti ODD
Bluetooth 4.0
5900mAh 4S2P 8 cell Li-ion Battery Pack
Webcam
Illuminated KB
HD Webcam
Thunderbolt port
HDMI 1.4
Display port 1.1A
Subwoofer
3-in-1 card reader
4xUSB3.0
Intel HM87 chipset
4.5kg, 17.3" FHD LED (1920x1080) non-glare 8ms
P/N: 90NB00N1-M01060

Solution
husejn,

I have an ASUS G750JX that I just bought myself. If you are not plugged into the wall, the laptop automatically switches to integrated Intel HD graphics for you. Plugging it in seamlessly switches back to dedicated graphics too. I've gotten easily 3-4+ hours battery life out of it just from heavy web surfing, typing, IMing, youtube, etc. I haven't done a "full drain" test to see the max time I can get, but 4+ hours should hopefully be enough time for your uses.

Hope this answer helps! I really like my G750JX, I would recommend it, especially since it satisfies your need to run off integrated graphics.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
husejn,

I have an ASUS G750JX that I just bought myself. If you are not plugged into the wall, the laptop automatically switches to integrated Intel HD graphics for you. Plugging it in seamlessly switches back to dedicated graphics too. I've gotten easily 3-4+ hours battery life out of it just from heavy web surfing, typing, IMing, youtube, etc. I haven't done a "full drain" test to see the max time I can get, but 4+ hours should hopefully be enough time for your uses.

Hope this answer helps! I really like my G750JX, I would recommend it, especially since it satisfies your need to run off integrated graphics.

Solution