HamudiShadafny

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
so i want to buy new TV 24' and its for sale for $190 brand new, i want to use it with my laptop for gaming and watch movies maybe, i read other threads. that using TV as monitor is a bad idea, what do you think its a good idea or buying pc monitor would be better?
TV:
screen size "24
1920x1080
Ratio: 1: 5,000,000
response time 6.5m
clarity 180cd / m²

laptop:
Asus X556UR
Intel® Core™ i5-7200U 2.5GHz
Nvidia GeForce 930MX 2GB
8GB DDR4

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Sounds like buying the TV is an awesome idea to me.

I have an Alienware 17R2 connected to a 40" HiSense TV at all times, and by that I mean I change my Windows settings to "Do Nothing" in Advanced Power Options when I close the lid of the Alienware and therefore use the HiSense as my primary monitor ALL THE TIME.

I have been doing this for the last two years solid and have never had a problem so I don't know what exactly you're worried about?

The only problem I CAN foresee is slight overheating of the laptop because of the lid being closed as the heat cannot dissipate as it normally would if the lid were open, however, and I will say once again, I have been doing this for the last two years without issue and without the use of a cooling pad so I'd say go for it if you have the $190 to spend and the 24" is going to be enough to satisfy your requirements.

If you want to err on the side of caution then please do get a USB cooling pad and blow some cold air up on in them hot little bits of hardware.

:)

One issue with using a TV as a monitor is that TVs overscan the picture so you don't get blanks at the edges of the screen. With a OC you may lose some buttons if you open a window full screen. If the TV has a way of turning the overscan off then this won't be an issue. Sometimes it's called pixel by pixel mode.