Can I use Integrated graphics on battery and Nvidia when plugged in?

TheSaltyPug

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Hello!

I recently got a HP pavillion laptop for college. HOwever, i've been messing around, and I think the nvidia card is active all the time, thus decreasing my battery life. Is there any way that I can force my pc to use intel graphics when not plugged in, and Nvidia graphics while plugged in? I nave been advertised a longer batty life than 4 hours.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
yeah you can set all that to do different things depending on being plugged in or not. Go into the advanced options and youll see different settings for on battery or AC power.

TheSaltyPug

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

I am on high performance right now. Id love for it to switch to battery saver when using battery and high performance when plugged in... but i think that's a different situation. Will the balanced plan do that? Will it use different settings to make my pc run better when plugged in, and also change the graphics settings?

RobCrezz

Honorable
Herald
Mar 14, 2013
yeah you can set all that to do different things depending on being plugged in or not. Go into the advanced options and youll see different settings for on battery or AC power.

Solution

Sultan 101

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
Download the GeForce experience app from nvidia and this will allow you to manage your graphics and battery usage for example you can set an fps limit in certain games so they use less battery