Can not get my speakers to work when plugged into my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJoshpillow

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
all im plugging in is an aux cord to the computer into the green port. this is all i ever plugged in because i had them working for almost a year then moved them for a bit and went to put them back and now no sound.

speakers are on

master volume is on speaker volume is up also. my drivers are also up to date.

any help would be appreciated

Solution
Go back to where you selected your speakers, and there is a Configure button. Walk though that, and that should help you setup things better.

Also on the menu when you right click the speaker icon, there is a Open Volume Mixer option. When you have that open, there is a sideways scroll bar at the bottom if you have more than 3 sources of audio... Make sure they are all at 100%.

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Down in the right corner, you should see a speaker icon. Right click that, and select Playback devices. Select your speakers from the list, set them as Default, and Click on Apply.

If after that they still do not work, open Control Panel, click on Troubleshooting, and click on Audio devices. Go through that wizard.

MrJoshpillow

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

this did work thank you! but i have the volume at 100% and they're really not very loud. i checked the mixer and all seemed ok. there is also zero bass nothing what soever

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Go back to where you selected your speakers, and there is a Configure button. Walk though that, and that should help you setup things better.

Also on the menu when you right click the speaker icon, there is a Open Volume Mixer option. When you have that open, there is a sideways scroll bar at the bottom if you have more than 3 sources of audio... Make sure they are all at 100%.

Solution

MrJoshpillow

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

sorry took awhile to get back but ive tried all that and still sounds like im using $5 speakers. they do work just fine connected to my phone though. any more advice?

MrJoshpillow

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

I ended up deleting my realtek audio because i never used it. magically i speaker icon appeared in the selection box and that was the one i needed. so all is working and fixed.

thanks for the help though mark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.