Cannot boot dvd or cd on toughbook 73

driypyj

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I got a Toughbook cf-73 from work for free to use around the house. I have burned windows xp to multiple cds and dvds but cannot boot from them at all. Bios is set to boot from cd first. I used a windows 7 install dvd and got almost to setup but 64 bit isn't supported, so I know the dvdrom/cdrw drive is working. Just not from xp at all. All that shows up is bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete to restart so I do but its a continuous loop. Is there something im missing? My work told me that they wiped the hard drive so whats the problem shouldn't I be able to install an OS right away if technically theres nothing there? Can someone help me please im completely stumped on this one. Had a similar problem on an older laptop that would just not boot an xp install disk period and had to get rid of it. I would really like to fix this any help at all thanks in advance. Just a reminder it is definitely set to boot cd first.

driypyj

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
You all suck and this website sucks ass. Ill take myself to a better forum and remove myself from this worthless sack of shit. By the way I figured it out with the help of actual people. on a different forum.