Solved! Cannot load Facebook and Whatsapp Web websites (MF,Chrome,Edge)

faridazwir92

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
As the title suggests, I have problems loading these two websites no matter which browser I used. At first I thought that this is affecting all social networking sites, but i can load Twitter and any other websites just fine. Sometimes it actually load the page (I think) but it'll just keep loading with a white screen, while most of the time it just keep loading without showing that thing at the bottom left corner telling us its processing something.

I can access these two sites from my smartphone and I mostly connect with the internet through data tethering from my phone (Remote NDIS based Internet sharing device). I even tried opening a wifi hotspot using my phone and my PC network will show that its connected to the hotspot and one other virtual....?? something . I use the Google DNS which I set on my PC (for both IPv4 and IPv6). I use the same network properties for all connection and I never faced this problems before, in fact everything was fine just this morning.

My drivers are up to date except for the recent Nvidia GeForce Experience update for PUBG that I left pending. My Windows is up to date as well. Other than that, I did not make any changes to my PC nor my smartphone prior to this issue.

I did googled the issue before coming here and tried out a bunch of fixes;-
-restart my PC and my phone
-Installed Chrome and tried accessing the websites there ( I normally use MF, and Edge is just there in my PC)
-Malware scan (MalwareByte) -- no issues found
-clear browser history (everything) > restart browser
-cmd flushdns > renew > reboot
-disable all add-ons/extensions
-Logout of facebook and whatsapp from my phone (this was never a problem before)
-change DNS settings back to default
-there's this fix by checking if the host file in System32>Driver is infected -- its not

Most of other fixes that I found are just repetitions of these fixes and none of these works.

Hoping someone could point me to the right direction here, is it the sites? my PC? my phone?

TRENDING THREADS