Canon 28-135 or Sigma 18-250?

jenncreel08

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I went into Harmon Photo which is a specialty photography place by me and I played with these two lenses. I was back and forth and back and forth so much I got confused and one of them focused soooo much faster because it had something extra or different I want to say it was the 28-135. Does anyone have any advice? I want a zoom lense my budget is about $400 and the Sigma is cheaper but I'm scared of it being a worse lens. Help!

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
canon lenses have the best glass on the market - some would say... it all boils down to whether you'll get use out of the extra zoom the 250 will give you, but keep in mind the moire, pincusion, etc. probably ruins 1/3 the focus area at that distance

have you looked at professional reviews of both of the lenses in question?

Are you sure you're talking about Canon 28-135? There are a lot of 18-135 Canon-made lenses, but no 28-135.

Anyway - go over to dxomark.com and see results for your choices. If the zoom is the primary concern, go with Sigma, but if you want good pictures, go with Canon' smaller zoom.

jenncreel08

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I have but it's all over the place. Some say Sigma is up to par, some say it's crap. I really wanted to go with Canon across the board with everything I buy but is that ignorant when I could probably get more lenses spending less money? I really want good quality but I want versatility too. At this point I have a 50mm 1.8 and I want a zoom also.