Canon 60D video times out in 15 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoyak49

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
I'm looking it use a Canon 60D SLR for video recording. A camera shop owner told me that all SLR cameras will shut off after 15 minutes of continuous video recording. He told me that this separates the a camera from a camcorder and is done for import tax purposes.
Do any of you use a Canon 60D SLR for video work and have this issue?

Solution
According to the manual:
"Total Movie Recording Time and File Size Per Minute
Due to file size limitations, if the file size of a single movie clip reaches 4 GB, movie shooting will stop automatically. At [1920 x 1080] and [1280 x 720], the maximum recording time of a single movie clip will be approx. 12 min. At [640 x480], the maximum recording time of a single movie clip will be approx. 24 min. To shoot a movie again, press the Live View shooting/Movie shooting button. (A new movie file starts being recorded.)"

According to the manual:
"Total Movie Recording Time and File Size Per Minute
Due to file size limitations, if the file size of a single movie clip reaches 4 GB, movie shooting will stop automatically. At [1920 x 1080] and [1280 x 720], the maximum recording time of a single movie clip will be approx. 12 min. At [640 x480], the maximum recording time of a single movie clip will be approx. 24 min. To shoot a movie again, press the Live View shooting/Movie shooting button. (A new movie file starts being recorded.)"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.