Solved! Canon camcorder miniDV Z200 "Remove the cassette"

balia

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
I have a camcorder Canon mini DV ZR 200
Just a month after the warranty expired, my camcorder started to malfunction as I was getting the "Remove the cassette" error message. I couldn't use my camcorder anymore as I am unable to load any dv tape and the user manual doesn't provide any solution!!!!

I contacted canon support and they said that I need to service it.
I live in Manhattan and they don't even have a service center in the city but far in Queens or NJ!!!
What kind of customer service is this? Canon cannot even service New York City!!!!
So either I have to ship the camcorder at my own cost or drive for over an hour to get it services (and they are only open restrictive hours).

I googled the problem and found hundreds of threads for this issue but no solution....
Has anybody solved this problem before?
Thank you.

Solution
Yes, I have the same problem. Disconnect the battery, then put it back in. try turning it on. Keep doing this till you get it to work. I was just watching my sons football game and the camcorder did this. It took about 20 times, but it worked.
Canon is no help. they just want your money.

milesatist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Yes, I have the same problem. Disconnect the battery, then put it back in. try turning it on. Keep doing this till you get it to work. I was just watching my sons football game and the camcorder did this. It took about 20 times, but it worked.
Canon is no help. they just want your money.

Solution