Canon SD Card problem

Imen__

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I have a canon camera that used to shut down everytime I insert a certain SD card in it, but once I inserted another SD card, it worked normally, I took pictures with it on a 32 gb samsung new card, but I sometimes had "Cannot playback image" when trying to see the taken pics on the cam, I was told that it could just be that because it's a micro card and that i'd be able to see them on the laptop, but when i inserted it in the PC, it was totally empty, I'm doubting that a virus was on the camera that caused this, is there any way I can get back those photos ??! :(

Solution

You can try recuva, but again, if there's a hardware error that stuff is gone.

From the sounds of it, you kept on reformatting the card, which lead to images getting deleted.
Most likely it's either incompatible with your camera (two large, too new, etc) or flat out broken. Try going to the camera menu and using the format option on that card.

And no, you can't recover what was never there, those files were never recorded so they are gone forever.

Imen__

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016

Imen__

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I tried EaseUs and it worked, it could recover 218 photos, but not all of them, do you have any good software I could use to recover all of them ?

You can try recuva, but again, if there's a hardware error that stuff is gone.

From the sounds of it, you kept on reformatting the card, which lead to images getting deleted.

Solution

Imen__

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
why would I reformat the card ? I didn't do anything of that, I believe that I should be completely honest if I'm seeking for help, but again, I could recover some, and thanks!

Not willingly maybe, but it's possible that the computer or camera did that due to a bug or card corruption