Solved! Can't format an SD Card

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I'm using an Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL. I want to delete an Android data files leftover because i already uninstall the apps. I tried to remove it by using the default File Manager first but failed, then i tried to use ES File Explorer and it failed too. Then for the suppose to be my last resort was to delete it by connect my sd card to my laptop using the card reader and the file's gone but after i refresh it it's shown up again which lead me to try to format it.

1. The 1st try was using the windows formatting (Right Click-Format and so on) and the result was "Windows was Unable to Complete the Format" or something like that if i remember correctly.
  2. Second attemp, after the 1st try failed, i try to format it using "Disk Management" and the result was same as the 1st one.
  3. I try using a 3rd party program to format my sd card but a pop-up message appear which says "The memory Card is write-protected. Please release the write protect switch" and when i check the physical switch, it's not on lock position.

I already try to find an answer from google but any solution that i saw isn't working for me. I also tried the error checking from windows (scan and repair thing) and it says "Windows was unable to repair the drive. Close this dialog box, and then try to repair the drive again". Another attempt was using cmd's check disk and it said "Corruption was found while examining the volume bitmap." and below that was "An error occurred while recovering lost files." The last thing i tried was format it to NTSF not the usual FAT32/exFAT format and the result is same as before. The only good thing is I manage to backup the important files from my sd card and copy it to my laptop storage.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Solution
If the new card is working fine, then it isn't the phone or the port. The card could have become corrupted by a file or app. It could have had a flaw to start with that didn't show until later. It could have been physically damaged if removed from the device at any point. To may options to know for certain.

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
The data files you are trying to remove, what apps are you saying they were associated with? Were these preinstalled apps? Or apps you installed yourself and then removed later?
It's an apps for reading manga/comic and due to some problem i want to do a clean install (remove apps and their leftover data) but when i want to delete the leftover file, it's stuck and keep coming back. I forgot to mention but it's not only that specific data but also any file that i tried to put into it is gone too after a refresh. It's almost like a rollback (i got this word when i play some online games so pardon me if there's a better correct word). Anything i did to my sd card isn't working and the sd card keep reverting to "that" state.

I already bought a new one though in the end. Just curious what happened with it.

If the new card is working fine, then it isn't the phone or the port. The card could have become corrupted by a file or app. It could have had a flaw to start with that didn't show until later. It could have been physically damaged if removed from the device at any point. To may options to know for certain.

Solution

Jo139

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Everything besides the card i mention is working well though.
It's only 3/4 years IIRC since i buy it and i never use it as a "internal storage swap" thing or anything that can ruin it. Maybe i got a not so good one for this 64GB one.