Can't get sound using hdmi ARC cable connect setup Panasonic home theatre SC-BTT785 to Lg60UH652V smart TV

louiezmum

Honorable
May 22, 2012
WE have just bought a new LG smart TV and a Panasonic home theatre system SC-BTT785. TV is setup OK but for the life of me I cannot get sound on the TV from the surround sound using the HDMI ARC connection at all. Getting fed up. Can anyone advise me on what to do step by step please.

Solution
After you connect the HTS to the HDMI input on the TV marked ARC you have to go into the TV setup or audio menu and turn ARC on. You may have to change the TV audio output type too to get surround sound. Check the TV manual. On some TVs you also have to turn the internal TV speakers off.
Then select ARC as your source on the HTS.
Plan B is to use the optical audio output of the TV. Your HTS has optical input. Same procedure to turn optical audio on may be needed.
After you connect the HTS to the HDMI input on the TV marked ARC you have to go into the TV setup or audio menu and turn ARC on. You may have to change the TV audio output type too to get surround sound. Check the TV manual. On some TVs you also have to turn the internal TV speakers off.
Then select ARC as your source on the HTS.
Plan B is to use the optical audio output of the TV. Your HTS has optical input. Same procedure to turn optical audio on may be needed.

Solution

crazy.vish11

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Hi Guys

I would suggest checking your CEC settings in TV HDMI options when connecting with HDMI ARC option as I recently bought Yamaha HT1840 home theatre and i struggled a lot to get the sound from TV. Enable this option to get the sound from TV programmes

Excuse me if this doesn't answer your question, i just thought of updating it to anyone who needs help.

Oct 20, 2018

Oct 20, 2018
Just had this very same issue and I had it cracked it seems to be viera has a brain freeze. I sorted mine by turning off tv at the wall turning on surround and then turning tv back on it seemed to bring them both back talking again .. hope this helps someone out there I was pulling my hair out and I don't have much..

Oct 28, 2018

Oct 28, 2018
enable ARC on TV, Set top box(Dish network) and finally on your receiver instead of having receiver on cable/satellite be sure to have it on TV on receiver.when I was messing with mine normal cable/satellite audio would go through my surround until switched receiver to TV mode. Hope this helps

Oct 28, 2018
enable ARC on TV, Set top box(Dish network) and finally on your receiver instead of having receiver on cable/satellite be sure to have it on TV on receiver.when I was messing with mine normal cable/satellite audio would go through my surround until switched receiver to TV mode. Hope this helps

Nov 30, 2018

Thank you so much! I had more or less dissected my setup and was ready throw it out. Now it works!!!