Can't Install Apps Because Phone Storage is Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYLEDLH

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S5,
I've been trying to install some apps of the google play store and it kept coming up with an error "insufficient space on device". I don't know why this is happening because the phone itself is 16gb + I have a 16gb microsd card with the setting to automatically download onto the SD card.
Apparently in my Internal Storage 14GB is being used and I have 524mb free and on my SD card I have 13 GB free. I don't know whats taking up the 14 GB, I have 10 apps on my phone and most of them are on my SD card. I have like 70 photos and no videos.
Is there anyway of resolving this issue?
I'm due for an upgrade in a month anyway but I brought this phone from a friend not too long ago because I broke my previous phone kept saying I didn't have a sim card when I did.
Thanks for reading and goodnight.

Solution
If go to the applications and select the "Usage Manager". Click on the "Apps" tab. The default view shows RAM used. Swipe right to left. Now you see the amount of storage used. If you touch an app it will open a tab that will give you more details.

kanewolf

Judicious
If go to the applications and select the "Usage Manager". Click on the "Apps" tab. The default view shows RAM used. Swipe right to left. Now you see the amount of storage used. If you touch an app it will open a tab that will give you more details.

Solution

Gelid03

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
When you install apps parts of it stay on the phone when you move it to the memory card. You need to free up some space on the phone itself and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.