Can't install windows 10 on freedos Asus X550J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel_5

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hey guys,

I've bought a free dos Asus model X550J and I'm trying to install windows on this laptop.
During the installation, right after "installing features" or " installing updates" I'm getting an error that installation files are corrupted and I should contact the vendor.

What have I tried:
1. install windows 8.1 & Windows 10 from 2different brand USBs
2. Change Sata Mode From AHCI to IDE
3. Enable/ Disable LEgacy USB SUpport

I formated the hdd several times and I have the same crash.
I received a DVD with ASUS LITE version only available for windows 10 x64b but I can't load drivers from installing UI.

Dear people..what should I do?

Solution
Hey,

I'm writing this on my new laptop :)

So I was today at the shop and they tried with their version of windows and the laptop it got the same error so they replaced it.

I talked with one of my techy-friends and he told me that when I tried to install Windows 10 I formatted everything including boot0 that affected my hdd. I think this is caused by freeDOS OS.

The workaround when you format boot0, as I understood, is to get a bootable DVD with linux and make your format from there.

Pavel_5

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I tried with 8.1 as well as 10 with Rufus and also iso to USB (microsoft solution)

I always get stuck at phase 4 when you install windows (1. copy files 2. install windows 3. install features 4. install updates ) with a message like " Installation files are corrupted, please contact your vendor bla bla ". THe thing is the same version I tried on other pc and laptop and it totally works :)

Pavel_5

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
ISO came from internet. This ASUS came with freeDOS (no windows pre installed). It's fresh acquisition.

The same version of windows works on my PC and other laptop also. So I guess it's not the version of Windows.

P.S.: I've selected by mistake best answer. Sorry, I hope it won't affect our chat

Pavel_5

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hey,

I'm writing this on my new laptop :)

So I was today at the shop and they tried with their version of windows and the laptop it got the same error so they replaced it.

I talked with one of my techy-friends and he told me that when I tried to install Windows 10 I formatted everything including boot0 that affected my hdd. I think this is caused by freeDOS OS.

The workaround when you format boot0, as I understood, is to get a bootable DVD with linux and make your format from there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.