Can't login to poker client. Help.

banalanal

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I can't log in to my poker client software. I can log into the account via the poker website. I can log in to the poker client software with my other computer. It is therefore something with this computer. I have uninstalled my antivirus and firewalls, disabled Win firewall. Cleared history and cookies and ran disk cleanup. Restarted. Countless times. What in god's name is going on? It is like a switch has been flipped on this one particular computer. I can log in to other poker client software on this same computer. Win 7.

Please help.

banalanal

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Doesn't this seem like some sort of registry issue? If it works on another computer same internet connection. If other poker software works. It is something so specific to that software on this machine. Is there anything I can do besides reformatting? I've run 4 registry cleaners.

nikorr

Distinguished
scaled.php

banalanal

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ran the antimalware and spybot in safe mode. Used the suggested removal programs to no avail. Here's one thing that is strange. After I delete the program and reinstall it, it always gives my username as an option in the drop down menu. So it has a memory that this computer is accociated with my account. That memory could be the switch that needs to be flicked eh?

banalanal

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ran the uninstaller in safe mode and then did a manual search and found a folder with the program's title in users/appdata/roaming. Deleted that. No help. It still remembers my username in the software's login screen. Perplexed. Going to try making a new user account on my windows and see if that helps. Otherwise I guess I'm formatting? sigh

banalanal

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I had my ISP switch me to a static IP address before the problems. Just had it switched back to dynamic and it works now. Even though every other program and other poker clients worked on both. Weird.