cj2dopee

Estimable
May 31, 2015
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2016 12" MacBook 1.2Ghz. This is the first Mac I've every owned and have very little experience with them. I purchased it from someone with all of their files still on the hard drive so I held command+r to enter the utilities menu. I tried reinstalling Sierra using the reinstall option but when I booted it up nothing was erased and all the files were still there. I rebooted into the utilities menu and went to disk utility. I erased/deleted the drive and tried reinstalling again. I'm now running into an issue where it takes about an hour to complete about 75% when I get an error saying "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." This issue just repeats when I try again.

Any help is much appreciated. I will be replying as quickly as I can as I need this Mac working ASAP. Thanks!

cj2dopee

Estimable
May 31, 2015
Tried using TransMac to create a bootable USB drive for High Sierra on Windows. I have tried two different PCs and with each one I get an error saying the disk image might be damaged or is of an unsupported format.