Can't remove PUP program

cdrabun89

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I have screwed up and somehow(probably through downloading something with "add on programs" which i'm usually pretty careful to make sure uncheck anything that i dont want. Anyhow its called savingscool, and it shows up in my unistall list in the control panel, but whenever i click it, it brings be to a website that does not have anything to do with uninstalling. I've tried using win+r key, running regedit, and searching the uninstall folder on there, but no luck. All i could find after hitting ctrl+f, searched savings cool, was where i had searched it in chrome. Can anyone help me or suggest a real program to use that will get rid of this annoyance? it constantly pops up an internet explorer window of something that i was recently searching(retail stuff mostly.)

cdrabun89

Commendable
May 13, 2016
well that definitely helped. i was able to find the program and i think it removed it. Thanks for the call out. I had heard of the program once before but I thought it was just some kind of adware, seeing as how it usually popped up in about 30 searches from sites I didn't know or trust. Thanks!