Car Amp + Sub for Home Amp

Tj_S89

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I have a unused Alpine SWD-3000 amp and sub combo. I would like to connect this to my home stereo amplifier a Pioneer VSX-321.I will be powering with PC atx PSU 400w.
I cant find any cable that would allow me to use the rca line in from the sub to the single speaker wire on the home amp.

Please see pictures.
IMG_20160117_133426_zpsjn48oqhz.jpg

IMG_20160117_182822_zpsjtt6w2nk.jpg

Thanks in advance for anyhelp

Solution
Not really going to happen. The Pioneer receiver is outputting a power signal and expects a passive sub. You are using an amp for your sub, so it expects a passive signal but would be getting an amplified signal from the receiver and things would go bad running a powered load into the RCA inputs.

The only thing would be if the receiver had a monitor RCA output that outputs the signal. Really, it's a mess and that's not even getting into getting line noise/hum and ground loops from running an DC device using an AC-DC convertor (PSU).
Not really going to happen. The Pioneer receiver is outputting a power signal and expects a passive sub. You are using an amp for your sub, so it expects a passive signal but would be getting an amplified signal from the receiver and things would go bad running a powered load into the RCA inputs.

The only thing would be if the receiver had a monitor RCA output that outputs the signal. Really, it's a mess and that's not even getting into getting line noise/hum and ground loops from running an DC device using an AC-DC convertor (PSU).

Solution

Tj_S89

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks for a reply. Sound like a pain =(
Thought i would ask as i had it lying round the house.