Carbonite Mirror Image does not work on Microsoft Surface Pro Tablet

Hoverson

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I just finished with Carbonite support about the issue of Carbonite Mirror Image not functioning on my new Surface Pro 4. I have used Carbonite for years with Mirror Image and had it installed on my previous Surface Pro 4. After extensive discussions and investigation of my issue, Carbonite admitted that Mirror Image will not function on Microsoft Surface computers. They said that while it may have been making a mirror backup on my previous Surface, that backup would not have restored had I needed it. I am very disappointed, and more than a little concerned that this issue is not advertised by Carbonite. It would have been worse had I thought that I had a mirror of my drive and then found out it couldn't be restored. While I still believe that Carbonite is an excellent product for most computers, Surface users should be aware that the Mirror Image function of the product will not work. Has anyone ever tried to restore their surface from their mirror image if the program said it actually had made one?

Testing recovery and restore software is a must - many people do not even bother.

As for Carbonite they, like most other manufacturers, are not going to advertise their shortcomings, faults, and mistakes.

Most likely they will (hopefully) just quietly fix the problem and slip the fix into the next update or so.

Not sure who you may have spoken with or chatted with at Carbonite. However some such support folks are uniformed at best or lazy at worst.

Carbonite will suffer in any number of ways if they just ignore or hide the problem. They should fix it and let everyone know. Especially support staff.

May be worth another visit to Carbonite's forums and FAQs to see what other people have found and done.

Hoverson

Prominent
May 8, 2017

Hoverson

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I agree that testing a product must be tough and often times lacking. I was just surprised to find that it didn't work on something as common as a surface tablet. Thanks for writing.