Cell Phone Case Reduces Radiation by 60%

Status
Not open for further replies.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I love my brain way more than i love talking to ppl. I'll stick with my 100% elimination of cellphone radiation by simply not carrying one around with me. Plus I don't have to spend $50 on crap like this, or hundreds on a phone, and hundreds more on the contracts/bills.

I think it's that damn logical part of my brain that wont let me become one of the cellphone/iphone fad-aholics... I guess maybe it just hasnt been exposed to enough harmful radiation to get me to the point where I would put socializing and communicating before good health and longevity.

frozenlead

Distinguished
[citation][nom]steiner666[/nom]I think it's that damn logical part of my brain that wont let me become one of the cellphone/iphone fad-aholics... I guess maybe it just hasnt been exposed to enough harmful radiation to get me to the point where I would put socializing and communicating before good health and longevity.[/citation]

I see the logical part of your brain isn't very helpful in determining that the whole cellphone health hazard issue isn't proven in any way, shape, or form.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]steiner666[/nom]I love my brain way more than i love talking to ppl. I'll stick with my 100% elimination of cellphone radiation by simply not carrying one around with me. Plus I don't have to spend $50 on crap like this, or hundreds on a phone, and hundreds more on the contracts/bills.I think it's that damn logical part of my brain that wont let me become one of the cellphone/iphone fad-aholics... I guess maybe it just hasnt been exposed to enough harmful radiation to get me to the point where I would put socializing and communicating before good health and longevity.[/citation]

Not carrying a cellphone around u is not a solution imo. What if there's an emergency situation? What're u going to do? shout? Find the nearest payphone? I always carry my cellphone around, but minimise the time of my usage.

LuckyRed

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
[citation][nom]steiner666[/nom]I love my brain way more than i love talking to ppl. I'll stick with my 100% elimination of cellphone radiation by simply not carrying one around with me. Plus I don't have to spend $50 on crap like this, or hundreds on a phone, and hundreds more on the contracts/bills.I think it's that damn logical part of my brain that wont let me become one of the cellphone/iphone fad-aholics... I guess maybe it just hasnt been exposed to enough harmful radiation to get me to the point where I would put socializing and communicating before good health and longevity.[/citation]

You could also use a blue-tooth device or speaker phone. That would save you from the radiation and your irrational extremism.

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
what about everyone else around you? if you live in a busy city won't other people's cell phones affect you considering they have to be powerful enough to reach the tower.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
not worth it imo. all this "brain cancer" and "deadly radiation" stuff is BS. plus, what does it do for your cell phone signal, i think you are gonna have quite a few missing bars if you but this thing on.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyRed[/nom]You could also use a blue-tooth device or speaker phone. That would save you from the radiation and your irrational extremism.[/citation]
Um, this is a joke, right? Getting rid of wireless radiation by getting a new wireless device? And, imo, he's not going to hurt you by not carrying a cell phone any more than you hurt him by carrying one, if you subscribe to the pragmatic theory of good. About the product, very cool technology. I wonder if you could engineer it to provide gain?

briandr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
i can maybe see where this case will reduce radiation coming from the back of the phone where it is completely covered by the case but how is it going to do anything for the front of the case that has barely 5-10% covered by this miracle case. who cares about whats coming out of the back when the front is pressed to your face...........

G

Here is the final answer to all this stuff... in twenty years if we see a bunch of brain tumor removal stories on the news then we know it's probably true (but too late lol) but if that doesn't happen then it's all good:) BTW using an ear piece doesn't help because the phone is still close to some other area of the body so your just exposing something else to radiation. You can't expect this cell phone cosy to work, it's just a gimmick. What needs to happen is some other technology needs to be developed that uses some other kind of frequency that is lower power and still digital and perhaps larger numbers of smaller towers instead of these big ol radio station towers. Smaller towers more evenly distributed will work a lot better and they can be cheap and still work.

G

"I see the logical part of your brain isn't very helpful in determining that the whole cellphone health hazard issue isn't proven in any way, shape, or form."

The reason for that is simple, there's not enough data to build a statistical model from. Cellphones have not been in extensive use for a very long time and it could very well be 20-30 years before we get the first significant studies.

Generally speaking, better the poison you know...

Take foodstuffs for example, the FUD being spread regarding fat and sugar have created products full of artificial additives to (partially) replace such content but there's going to be a long time until we know the health impact of those.

Same thing applies here.

I'm 33 now, when I were in my teens there weren't any cellphones around and even today I generally don't carry my phone with me. Not so much out of fear of radiation though, more because I have no real need of communicating every single moment of my life.

It may come as a shock but the world at large did just fine without cellphones until the mid-90s. People simply made plans and stuck to them.

benji72

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Alright. This is ridiculous. First off, I am a physicist and I cannot believe that this is still being discussed/believed. Cell phones cannot cause cancer. Period. The frequency of the electromagnetic waves (which determines its energy) is not great enough to break the chemical bonds in DNA in any way shape or form. That professor in the article is just saying the bull because he will be getting a cut from every accessory sold. Don't waste your money on this. Please.

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Let's pretend for a minute that this product actually does what it says it does. That would mean that it takes the omni-directional RF wave from your phone and makes it directional. The end result; turn your head in the wrong direction and you will drop the call. Face the wrong direction, miss the call.

This product has "sucker" written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.