change default display device asus n550jk

Gareth Williams

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Okay I'll begin my saying i'm not very tech savy however I recently bought a new laptop the asus n550kj however I've been having some issues, I want to make so that the default windows display device is my 850m and not use the onboard graphics card. I have already set it to use the dedicated card in my nvidia control panel and manage to run games using the gfx however I want windows itself to use the 850m which is what I can't seem to find out how to do I checked in bios and there are no options to change display devices. need help!

edit: also dunno how to get the backlight for keyboard to work either.

Solution
There is nothing to be gained by assigning the nvidia graphics globally to all Windows operations as it won't improve Windows performance at all - - the integrated graphics chip is quite sufficient for that and it consumes less battery power than the nvidia one.

However, if you really want to do that, open the Nvidia Control Panel and click the "Global Settings" tab. Then select "High Performance Nvidia Processor", then click "Apply".
There is nothing to be gained by assigning the nvidia graphics globally to all Windows operations as it won't improve Windows performance at all - - the integrated graphics chip is quite sufficient for that and it consumes less battery power than the nvidia one.

However, if you really want to do that, open the Nvidia Control Panel and click the "Global Settings" tab. Then select "High Performance Nvidia Processor", then click "Apply".

Solution