I've taken the screws out of the bottom of my Asus F550L laptop and removed the bottom cover. I can't see the wireless card. Searching on YouTube I see that it might be under the top cover and that the top cover probably just pulls off after the bottom screws have been removed. I've attempted to take the top cover off but haven't been able to and don't want to break it.
Does anyone know if the wireless adapter for this model is under the top cover and if you just rip the top cover off to get at it (after removing the screws in the bottom)?
In case someone else is looking for an answer. The wireless card is under the top cover. To remove the top cover including the keyboard:
- Remove the battery.
- Remove all the screws from the bottom, including the screws under the cover that is on the bottom where the hard disk is.
- Sit the laptop on a table with the screen open/up.
- Put the fingers of your left hand in the space between the screen and top cover and curl them under the top cover where the battery would be if it was installed.
- Use your right hand to pull up the right top corner of the top cover while firmly pulling the top cover up with your left hand at the same time. You might be able to use some of your finger nails on your right hand to slightly separate the top and bottom covers while pulling the corner up.
- Once the top cover starts to separate just work around until you have it completely removed. Be careful not to pull the top cover too far away because it is attached to the motherboard via 3 connecters that you need to disconnect before completely removing the cover.
If you can get someone to hold the laptop down while you do this then it would probably make it easier. Avoid using a screw driver to separate the top cover from the bottom because you'll damage the casing.