Charging port has literally fallen out of laptop - is this even fixable?

Aug 27, 2018
PefWjup

Hi! An image of the problem is attached but if that didn't work view it here: https://imgur.com/a/PefWjup . Someone asked to borrow the laptop and somehow managed to do this? It's a huge problem because I desperately need it and the files on it for college work and I don't even think this is fixable. If anyone could let me know if it is fixable, and how much they think it would cost to get it fixed, that would be great. Thanks!

Solution
It depends on what part of the frame broke, but it most likely can be fixed. There might not be a specific part of replace if it is part of the frame, but you could probably Frankenstein it. You might have better luck taking it to a technician, but I'm guessing it would cost anywhere between $100 and $200 depending on the issue.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
It depends on what part of the frame broke, but it most likely can be fixed. There might not be a specific part of replace if it is part of the frame, but you could probably Frankenstein it. You might have better luck taking it to a technician, but I'm guessing it would cost anywhere between $100 and $200 depending on the issue.

Solution

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

As long as nothing was internally ripped out this should be as simple as putting it back into place (it looks like it is connected by a cable that goes to the motherboard and not directly). If you really need the files now you can just take out the hdd and put it as a second hdd in another pc and get the files from it then start seeing fi you can repair this laptop.