Choppy Youtube videos

Ilikeducks

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015
Hi. I frequently go on YouTube and happily watch videos. A problem has arisen in which YouTube videos lag. The video kind of jumpy and is generally choppy. The audio's fine, just the video isn't. Some videos lag and others don't. It seems random, no specific channel or anything. Sometimes, refreshing works. Sometimes. About 80% of the time, refreshing doesn't work. Most of the time I have to wait at least three minutes for it to finally fix itself. I am using Internet Explorer with Google as my homepage. I use Windows 7.
I've streamed videos on other websites without any choppiness or lag, it's just YouTube.

Looked up the issue, every 'answer' given to those other people don't work and sometimes aren't even an answer at all. They just say 'This is what is going on' and not how to actually fix it. I am not a computer expert so if you can answer this question without getting too technical, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

anoori9000

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
What is your internet speed?

Video streaming rely mostly on internet speed. Test it here: http://www.speedtest.net/

The lower the number the worse speed. If you have a low internet speed, you will have choppy videos,