Chrome Ad Removal

KhanM

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014
I`m looking for help regarding the removal of something a ad-supported browser extension, called CS-1518 or any others that may work. They appear in the form of key word based hyperlinks, such as "Download", "Software", and "Free". This is one such example(Really hope this gif works): Junk ad removed by Moderator - we get the picture!

I would like to simply uninstall CS-1518, but I am unable to find it when i`m asked to. And I can`t find any extentsions in chrome that would cause it, as I only have AdBlock.

I`ve so far tried using my current anti virus, Kaspersky, as well as ADWCleaner, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes and Spybot-Search and Destroy.

These are becoming annoying and I would like any help you may have.

Solution
Dependiing on your version of Windows, you should find somewhere in C:\Users\{yourname}\AppData a folder named Google with a sub-folder named Extensions and simply delete it. You need first to use the Tools menu then Folder options>View and tick to "Show hidden files and folders" then untick "Hide protected system files and folders". Click Apply and OK your way out and you wll see all the files you need to search through.

Theoretically you could also deal with this in Chrome's Settings menu but I've found extensions still in existence after removing them that way. The entire browser's raison d'etre is to push adverts down your throat so don't be surprised how difficult it is to stop them. The best move is to uninstall...
Dependiing on your version of Windows, you should find somewhere in C:\Users\{yourname}\AppData a folder named Google with a sub-folder named Extensions and simply delete it. You need first to use the Tools menu then Folder options>View and tick to "Show hidden files and folders" then untick "Hide protected system files and folders". Click Apply and OK your way out and you wll see all the files you need to search through.

Theoretically you could also deal with this in Chrome's Settings menu but I've found extensions still in existence after removing them that way. The entire browser's raison d'etre is to push adverts down your throat so don't be surprised how difficult it is to stop them. The best move is to uninstall Crhome and use Firefox.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS