Chrome Not Loading Certain Pages Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss Helvetica

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Hello,

This may not be in the right category.

I just recently reformatted my computer's main drives to migrate to an SSD, and I am currently in the process of reinstalling all of my needed programs, such as Skype, Steam, Origin, etc. and I have hit a knot in the rope of installation. Certain web pages that used to open quite normally are no longer doing that. Some load with no structure and images included, with it only being text scrolling downwards onto the left or right.

Certain sites also don't connect at all, like the Steam and Origin pages, or Microsoft's new Skype site making it impossible to download the installers and clients for my favourite programs. The only one I have been successful with so far is the Winamp site and the Steelseries support page for my keyboard's keybinding program. There are quite a few sites, like Tom's Hardware and Imgur, which open rather fine.

I have tried clearing the cache and cookies of my browser, and tried using Internet Explorer for the same pages but only gaining the same results.

Steam's result
Facebook's result

Those two links go to images of what the pages look like for me. Facebook loads quickly, but it always ends up looking the same. Is it possible that I need to install certain drivers to correct the problem with Facebook, or is it my own fault for attempting to install an internet browser?

Solution
G
I had this issue when using a DNS to access the American Netflix, Certain websites will react differently when using certain DNS settings. If you need to switch between them to access different things you can use a 3rd party piece of software called QuickSetDNS.

Hope this helps.

Swiss Helvetica

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
All the pages work fine on my phone on wifi and other computers in the house. It seems to load certain sites perfectly like as if I never formatted my hard drive, but then it decides not load certain pages at all. For example, I tried to download the free trial of Avast Anti-Virus from their website and it looked exactly like Facebook, but then I went to the Malwarebytes website and it looked fine.

I haven't tried reinstalling, should I try that?

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/kNMWbNF.png

EDIT 2: I changed my DNS settings to the Telstra NSW's DNS addresses and reinstalled Chrome and then installed Chrome 64-bit, and now Facebook looks okay.

EDIT 3: I changed my DNS settings again, but instead to the public Google DNS and now everything works fine.

G

I had this issue when using a DNS to access the American Netflix, Certain websites will react differently when using certain DNS settings. If you need to switch between them to access different things you can use a 3rd party piece of software called QuickSetDNS.

Hope this helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.