Chrome to Surpass IE Market Share by End of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I don't think it's that simple and I don't think you can just "extend" that graph and predict something like that. At some point Chrome will flatline and people who like IE will stay with IE.

What you're doing is just extending a graph, with your train of thought Chrome will have 100% of the market share by the end of the year, and we can all see that's not going to happen.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]canysterss[/nom]I don't think it's that simple and I don't think you can just "extend" that graph and predict something like that. At some point Chrome will flatline and people who like IE will stay with IE.What you're doing is just extending a graph, with your train of thought Chrome will have 100% of the market share by the end of the year, and we can all see that's not going to happen.[/citation]

And you can predict when it will flatline... the author just followed the stat and if you can't predict that crome will flatline in less than 2 months then it will most likely grow and by plus minus march, it will overcome IE...

unless you can predict its decline without undergoing a flatline first in two months...

Now if you analyze the current market, how many android do you think is being bought? and... I don't know any IE being installed in any android device...

also, i'm sure its the weekend buying day where peeps buy their android phone/tablets and then install crome to browse... based on this I would say that the stat is realistic... don't you think?

amdfreak

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
No wonder. The advantages Chrome has:

1.) Better product, better user experience

2.) IE9 is only linked to Win7 which really upsets the users of previous operating systems, blackmailing them to upgrate to Win7. Wrong strategy.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That's what happens when your browser works only on the latest OS.
You try to force the market to upgrade the OS just to use your latest browser... the maket may just switch to a different browser.
Once you lost a client that way it is double hard to get them back..Looks like Micro$oft shot itself in the foot yet again.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
i hate google, but i use chrome everyday.i did love firefox, but it became such a resource hog that i switched to chrome. youtube and pdf without plug-ins right out of the box. i hate google.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]amdfreak[/nom]No wonder. The advantages Chrome has:1.) Better product, better user experience2.) IE9 is only linked to Win7 which really upsets the users of previous operating systems, blackmailing them to upgrate to Win7. Wrong strategy.[/citation]

I think IE runs on Vista too. Not that I'm endorsing Vista, mind you. Just saying.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
For Microsoft to bounce back, they need to ditch the "Internet Explorer" name and make a non-OS reliant browser. Right now, people associate IE with "awful", "slow", and "resource hog". They need to take the approach that they did with Bing - work from the ground up, re-brand, and more accessible.

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
For Microsoft to bounce back, they need to ditch the "Internet Explorer" name and make a non-OS reliant browser. Right now, people associate IE with "awful", "slow", and "resource hog". They need to take the approach that they did with Bing - work from the ground up, re-brand, and more accessible.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]supall[/nom]For Microsoft to bounce back, they need to ditch the "Internet Explorer" name and make a non-OS reliant browser. Right now, people associate IE with "awful", "slow", and "resource hog". They need to take the approach that they did with Bing - work from the ground up, re-brand, and more accessible.[/citation]
Not all people associate, it is still the most popular browser and it is no longer bundled, must be doing something right, they just need to jam it into peoples faces the same way Google does with Chrome on its homepage.

chucko

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
With the exception of my earlier comment, everyone here is simply way off base. This is not about who's got the better browser. That can be debated ad infinitum.

What we have here is some apparently suspect browser usage statistics that are being reported on and taken as fact.

"I read it on the internet so it must be true".

StatCounter does not seem to publish their methodologies or any other information about how they come up with their data. Others do:

http://netmarketshare.com/faq.aspx

I personally find the StatCounter numbers to be markedly different than what I see from other sources, and rather than sensationalizing it, maybe it's time for some fact finding before information like this is put forth.

G

IE is bland. FF is cluttered.

and...Chrome is a spy tracking ,data miner,sniffer,etcetc POS....

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I have to acutally use Chrome, IE and FF to get anything done on the internet. They all claim whatever they want but each one has problems that require me to, as stated, use all three at some point.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I wish that Chrome would use less memory, but I guess that's the price for having separate processes for each tab. At least when you close something it gives the memory back, unlike FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.