midget666

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
When I start Chrome its using as much as 45% CPU and then all the other programs like SVChost start freaking out and eating up all my CPU and causes my computer to crash. It seems only to happen when I play something like a youtube video or audio file on my computer. Ive tried everything please help!

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Don't really know why you've got chrome associated with audio files on your computer but whatever.

Perhaps Chrome is trying to render HTML5 when visiting youtube rather than using flash. See if you can install Flash and force Chrome to use it.

A high CPU load should not cause your system to crash. There may be some other stability issue on your machine.

Perhaps you should just try another browser for a while. Beats having to sort this out!

midget666

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Well I do have an HP laptop which comes with a bunch of crapware. Its not that I have chrome associated with audio files. its just whenever i play sound on my computer period. Chrome or whatever. I think it has to do with my Audio drivers. it shows up as audiodg.exe