Close up shots for product reviews? Video

JayJeb

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Hi

I'm new here and new to Cameras world :)

I have a youtube channel with product reviews and I use Canon 700d with 18-55m Lens.My problem is that I can't get close shots to the products during the video, it doesn't focus. Does I have to change Lens (Macro lens) or get better camera or even a camcorder?

Also during the AF it takes so long to focus on something.

Thank you

Solution
Every lens has a minimum focus distance; the shorter the distance, the closer the lens can focus. Whilst a macro lens has a short focus distance, it's autofocus is usually slow. More often than not, manual focus is used for macro shots.

I've heard that the phase-detection autofocus in the 700D is pretty quick in good lighting, but I've not seen it for myself. If you want quick autofocus, then a prime lens is the way to go.

bicycle_repair_man

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Every lens has a minimum focus distance; the shorter the distance, the closer the lens can focus. Whilst a macro lens has a short focus distance, it's autofocus is usually slow. More often than not, manual focus is used for macro shots.

I've heard that the phase-detection autofocus in the 700D is pretty quick in good lighting, but I've not seen it for myself. If you want quick autofocus, then a prime lens is the way to go.

Solution

JayJeb

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

Can you please give me a suggestion ?