NML6

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Hi, I'm looking for a replacement for my laptop. I need a tablet with Windows 8.1 that can download software to the system (not Windows RT). I will use the tablet for Microsoft Office and watching videos such as Netflix. My budget is around $900. I was considering the Microsoft Surface Pro 2, but it is at the top of my price range without a keyboard and only 4gb of RAM. It does however have a 4th gen Intel processor. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated

pixelhungry

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Check out the Dell venue 8 pro. it comes with windows 8.1 (32 bit). It is definitely not going to be as powerful as a full size computer but it can technically run full windows programs. it also can be bought with an integrated stylus. Nice price as well starting at 300 roughly. Another alternative would be a Lenovo Yoga or Yoga 2. I believe they range from 700-1000 dollars. very nice build in my opinion.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
The Dell Venue 8 and 11 Pro are great options. I'd also check out the Asus Transformer Book: http://www.asus.com/in-search-of-incredible/us-en/asus-transformer-book-t100/

I'm seriously considering getting one of these to replace my iPad 2.