Comcast Wins 'Worst Company in America' Award

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I have had Comcast for 8 years and the service isn't that bad, but the price is terrible! I pay $189 a month for digital cable, phone, and Internet. It's supposed to be the $99 "tripple play", but by the time you add in a DVR, 2 extra outlets, taxes, "franchise fee" (whatever that is), it's double. My only other choices are ATT U-Verse, which people around me who have switched hate, or dial-up and a dish.

mjpereira76

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I once went 3 months without a whole range of channels (between 1-70) because the techs couldn't figure out if the signal was too strong or too weak. Turns out it was too weak (and yes, it is possible for a signal to be too strong). Of course, I didn't really pursue the issue aggressively because no one watched the channels in that range since the digital/HD range (>100) was fine and the channels in the low range had equivalents in the high range.

kalizec

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Even though I'm not a customer of theirs. And even though I will never ever possibly be a customer of theirs since I don't even live in the country the operate in.

Still I hate them for what they did to net-neutrality. Which really proves the point of being the worst-company. There's even people pissed off about Comcast outside of the USA.

G

I wouldn't say AT&T is the worst company. I never had any issues with AT&T. I've been cingular (now At&T) for over 10 years. I used them while in LA area and now in Phoenix area. Not one drop calls. Their customer service is fantastic. they always resolve my issues.

kalizec

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Even though I'm not a customer of theirs. And even though I will never ever possibly be a customer of theirs since I don't even live in the country the operate in.

Still I hate them for what they did to net-neutrality. Which really proves the point of being the worst-company. There's even people pissed off about Comcast outside of the USA.

chrisv815

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
This is the problem when you outscource all of your customer service overseas. Future worst companies of America beware about laying off all your american employees.
Comcasts customer service is a JOKE a 3rd grade calls could do better.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]ajcroteau[/nom]I unfortunately have no choice, i have to use Comcast. My apartment complex will not allow me to install a dish. Otherwise, i would most definitely jump on the dish network bandwagon to escape the questionable cost to benefit ratio from Comcast. That being said, I don't have any problems with customer service. They came out when they said they would and took care of me. To say that Comcast is the Worst Company in America... is a bit of a stretch, there are others that are far worse *cough* *cough* AT&T *cough* *cough*...[/citation]
*cough* *cough* Goldman Sachs *cough* *cough*

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I love how they changed their name to Xfinity to trick people into thinking it's a new service. It's still the exact same overpriced crap they always were.

They raise thier prices every year a couple dollars across the board and they never give me any new channels. WTF are they raising them for if they aren't giving me more stuff?

F-U Comcast. I can't wait for Verizon FIOS to get set up in my area.

tleavit

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
My work pays for buis cable to my house )10up/50down) so my monthly bill for Comcast with that and basic HD service with 3 box's is $350 a MONTH. People.. thats a damn car payment!!! PRICE!!!! Monopoly!

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Hmmm I don't hate Comcast, and I don't know why it would get such an "award"... The speed is great, maybe the price is a bit to high, but everything always works. I would probably award it one of the best companies in America. Well at least for the interweb.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
worst companies in america = citigroup & goldman sachs.. I think comcast should be the least of your worries at least with comcast you can opt out and there's no contract. the prior two well....... good luck.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Comcast = too many uneducated people that don't know shit and overpriced.

AT&T = too many uneducated people that don't know shit and just right.

I choose the lesser of the two evils.

G

Lol AT&T its probably the best specially with UVERSE they give you the service so cheap and they always make deals for you if you think your bill is too high. Also they will deduct money off your bill if something went wrong while watching pay-per-view or lose internet connection. UVERSE is the best.

G

I have comcast and as much as I would love to hate them . . . compared to my parents provider Cablevision, Comcast is a dream. For 3 years constantly they have had me on promo rates always beating the competition. I must be an odd ball, but I get Family Cable, HD-DVR, and 20mb internet for $60 a month. When I need back on promo I call them up go to the downgrade service department and tell them I need it all to be around $60 and they do it immediately. Yes their rates are crazy, but so are most Cable / internet providers. The promo-rates are a joke and you need to work at staying on a promo rate. These companies should all realize that their promo rates are what their normal rates should be. Customers need to wake up stop being lazy, seek out alternatives and be ready to use those alternatives if necessary to get what they want! People don't realize that customers have power if they are smart. Stop buying overpriced houses, stop taking big loans to pay for stuff you can't afford, and use an alternative ISP for a few months if you have too. You don't need 20mb down to watch youtube!

G

After my recent experience with Comcast I have to totally agree with the award. I was a customer for almost 5 years and didn't have to call them with a single complaint. Until now. Last week I noticed my internet usage went over the 250 GB limit. Was confused how this could happen because I do not use bittorrent or stream video. My wireless network is protected with WPA2 and a password combination of letters, numbers and special characters. I don't believe anyone piggybacked on my connection.

This past weekend I powered down my router and cable modem to try and troubleshoot what was going on and STILL my usage went up according to their meter on the website. Called to express my concerns and the technicians were unable (or unwilling) to help me troubleshoot why my usage was continuing to spike even though I was essentially disconnected for 48 hours straight.

Closed my account and filed a complaint with the BBB. Goodbye.

Doomsy2006

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
If we are talking the WORST company then I would have to say that would be Comcost oh excuse me Comcast... but if we only looked at who had the WORST Customer Service I would have to go FLAT OUT ~ VERIZON

user-one

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
i havent had that many problems, HD quality and reliability are issues as with any cable/internet provider. i had ATT and it was so god aweful slow and expensive Comcast was faster and cheaper, so guess it depends on where ya live, SUCKERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.