Compact receivers audio

kglea

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Hello,
I've been searching for a "compact" receiver for a 16'X16' room
The compact dimension I am most interested in is the depth of the unit, wanting it to be under 15", including the cables portruding from the rear.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Good receiver with surround sound is NAD Components.

kglea

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

thank you musical marv

what specific receiver (component) are you referring to?

I have been looking at the NAD C-715, because of its size and favorable reviews.

Thinking of buying Orb Audio speakers.

Obviously, looking for good quality audio in a small room.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The receiver you mentioned in your post is quite good. Speakers for the Vandersteen Speaker called the1-C a modest not to expensive which is excellent for your needs.I never heard of Orb speakers. i am an audiophile for over 47 years. having systems that cost over $15,000 to $1,000. Marv

kglea

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
thanks.
the dimensions of those speakers are the same as the B & W ones I am removing because they take up too much space. Orb Audio is a newer, very commercial company, but they appear to have a very good product.
Looking for high end quality with a small footprint. For the receiver, this means that the depth needs to be under 13 or 12" to fit in a small cabinet.
Am looking at network receivers from Denon (RCD-N7) and Cambridge Audio (sonata NP30), in addition to the NAD mentioned above.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Cambridge audio is decent components and so is Rotel which is excellent for the price. I use to have there cd player and the int amp. good sound with Martin Logan Sequel speakers I had.Try reading a site called Positive Feedback very informative.