Solved! Comparing ASUS G Series G73JH-BST7 and G73SW-XT1

JDUB348

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hi there. So basically my little brother is looking to buy a machine and i've pointed him in the direction of ASUS. I've found these two lap tops:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7124324&CatId=4938
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230021

I've been kind of leaning more towards the $950 one, but i just wanted to hear what you all thought of these two lap tops. Is it worth spending the extra $500 for the newer one, or is that extra money only going to gain you very little performance wise? I'm open to hear any suggestions on machines for him

Solution
If I were you, i would choose the more expensive one because its simply better. The following should help you with your choice:

-the tigerdirect one has a 1080p display as opposed to a 900p display or simply 720p in the newegg model
-the GTX 460M (tigerdirect model) is essentially worse than the HD 5870M, but in terms of real gameplay, they are about the same.
-Both have identical exteriors, which are ahrd plastic from my knowledge
-the i7-2630QM (tigerdirect) is a newer Core i7 processer, noting its 2nd generation. It is faster than the i7 740QM(newegg)

Both are decent laptops, but I would recommend the tigerdirect model becasue it has a newer CPU.

Taking each laptop against each other will favor the newegg model because the CPU/GPU...

zodiac321

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
If I were you, i would choose the more expensive one because its simply better. The following should help you with your choice:

-the tigerdirect one has a 1080p display as opposed to a 900p display or simply 720p in the newegg model
-the GTX 460M (tigerdirect model) is essentially worse than the HD 5870M, but in terms of real gameplay, they are about the same.
-Both have identical exteriors, which are ahrd plastic from my knowledge
-the i7-2630QM (tigerdirect) is a newer Core i7 processer, noting its 2nd generation. It is faster than the i7 740QM(newegg)

Both are decent laptops, but I would recommend the tigerdirect model becasue it has a newer CPU.

Taking each laptop against each other will favor the newegg model because the CPU/GPU won't struggle as much on the resolution of 1600x900 as will the CPU/GPU on the tigerdirect model. the rreason for this is simple: Higher resolution means more power needed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS