niraj_pandya

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
I am using HP G62 (Presario CQ62) Notebook PC, running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS.
The processor is AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2200 MHz
I want to upgrade my Samsung make 2GB 1Rx8 PC3-10600S-09-10-ZZZ (DDR3) RAM.
Which one is more suitable/compatible with my Notebook, from mentioned below:
(1) Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop DRAM (JM1333KSN-4G)
(2) Kingston Value Ram Low Voltage Series DDR3 4 GB Laptop (KVR16LS11/4)
Or suggest me another one, if both are not appropriate with my Notebook.
Pls. help me out. Thanks in advance, guys!

Solution
If the 2 RAM sticks you picked out are the PC3-10600 speed, they should work, but may not be guaranteed to work from the vendor if they are just generic modules without the model of the system shown as compatible and tested.

Even if the RAM is faster, it may work but would have a bit more chance not to.

I have had some systems that I tested 1600 speed RAM with and they crashed, although turned on and tried to start Windows.

www.crucial.com, you can go there and run the system check which will tell you which modules they guarantee will work for you.
If the 2 RAM sticks you picked out are the PC3-10600 speed, they should work, but may not be guaranteed to work from the vendor if they are just generic modules without the model of the system shown as compatible and tested.

Even if the RAM is faster, it may work but would have a bit more chance not to.

I have had some systems that I tested 1600 speed RAM with and they crashed, although turned on and tried to start Windows.

www.crucial.com, you can go there and run the system check which will tell you which modules they guarantee will work for you.

Solution