Solved! Complex Mixer Setup - Need an Audio wiz's help!

TheTundraWolf

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Many thanks for the help in advance! :)

My Home Audio setup has changed since my last post about splitting audio output on the PC, which I have solved by adding a sound card into the mix and this now does the job I needed.

System Info

http://imgur.com/a/qWLh7

Mixer: Behringer Xenyx QX1002USB
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx
Microphone/Headphones: Audio Technica

Now onto the more complex part ...

Mixer Setup

AT2020 Microphone > XLR to XLR cable > Phantom Power Supply > XLR to 3.5mm cable > Sound Card Mic In > Adobe Audition > Sound Card Audio Out > 3.5mm to XLR cable > Mixer Line 1

PC System Audio > MOBO Rear Audio Out > 3.5mm to Twin 1/4" cable > Mixer Line 5/6

Playstation 4 System Audio > Optical Cable > Digital to Analogue Converter > Twin RCA to Twin RCA cable + 1/4" connectors > Mixer Line 3/4

iPhone System Audio > 3.5mm to Twin 1/4" cable > Mixer Line 9/10

Mixer Phones Socket > 1/4" connector + 3.5mm cable > ATH-M20X Headphones

Mixer Main Output > Twin 1/4" to 3.5mm cable > Sound Card Line In > Open Broadcaster Software

What Works

The microphone into the PC, being run through Adobe Audition, listened back to via Audio Repeater (MME) through the PC System Audio of the mixer - sounds perfect through the Mixer Phones Socket!

PC System Audio of the mixer - sounds perfect and does not pick up the microphone (no echo) through the Mixer Phones Socket!

Playstation 4 System Audio of the mixer - sounds perfect!

iPhone System Audio of the mixer - sounds perfect!

Problems

1a. The microphone audio from 'Sound Card Audio Out' is distorted when listening to it through the Mixer Phones Socket.

1b. The microphone audio from 'Sound Card Audio Out' is also distorted when recording a segment, after it has been piped through the Mixer and back into the PC and run through Open Broadcaster Software.

So, my question is ... How do I run this setup and not have the mic distorted after it has been run through the PC and back into the Mixer?

P.S. You can call me Matt.

TheTundraWolf

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

My mic needs to be run through Adobe Audition first to remove any surrounding noise and adding a limiter, which is cheaper than purchasing the hardware kit and doing it that way.

When listening back to the mic after it has been run through Adobe Audition, the audio sounds perfect. The distortion occurs after it has left the PC, but I am not sure of a solution that can fix this.

Here is a group of SS's for the Audio settings: http://imgur.com/a/BHbYd

TheTundraWolf

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Will switch it on over to the USB for final audio mix to the PC and Open Broadcaster Software.

Do you have any ideas on the microphone distortion leaving the PC?

TheTundraWolf

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

The microphone sounds just fine before it has left the PC, after it has been processed through Adobe Audition.

The distortion occurs when the mic audio leaves the PC and goes into the mixer for the final mix.