Computer keep restarting and never boots up

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone. I have a laptop computer Dell vostro 14, that I reformated and installed new windows with windows 8.1, updated all drivers, everything worked well for a few days. But one morning, when i opened the laptop, it turned on by itself, and kept restarting again and again. I thought may be battery is dead, but that was ok. It keeps restarting, doesn't boot to windows, and the F1 setup (BIOS) key and F12 boot keys doesn't work too (like when i hit F1 or F12, it goes to the setup for a while but then restarts again and again), no bluescreen error, nothing, but only restarting and restarting forever util i close the lid
I have a little knowledge about hardware, so I unscrewed the case and tried to run it without the RAM stick, but it just keep beeping and doesn't do anything when i turned it on without the RAM. Then I unplugged the HDD, it gave the same problem again. I did the same with the cell, but that didn't help too.
I read a few threads which says it might be a problem in the cell, or some kind of virus, or videocard, but I have no idea what to do now....

Please give your valuable suggestions.. Thanks alot

Please

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
Still the same, but the message contains error about some PCI device. Following is the message:

"Realtek PCIe BGE Family Controller Series v2.54 (83/25/13)
PXE-E61: Media test failure. check cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

and then again restarts and no-boot forever until i close the laptop Cry

I wanted to attach the screenshot and video here but its not working, may be i have to post it somewhere else and then attach that here

mowaisshahid

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
my sixth sense told me to clean the power button, as that might be shorted or whatever.. I opened everything, and reached the keyboard, it was fixed so i had to pry it out.. I cleaned the power button a bit, though it looked fine.. I glued the keyboard again, and jammed a couple of keys too, but that got alright after taping for a while.. So i installed everything again, and blowing every socket and cleaning the connections.. powered on the computer, and, couldn't believed that it was working finely... so jams, no reboots, nothing..

I don't know what the problem was, but as far as my thinking, there was no problem with the mainboard.. either some key was shorted or some connection was not intact, that was making the problem...

Thanks to God.. and thumbs down to this forum where no one helped me