rianhasti

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
This is a desktop, but I didn't know what other thread to use.

I have an old computer that I got 4 years ago, I have kept the processor/motherboard, but I have replaced everything else since then. I get a lot of frame drops when I am trying to run a game and stream it, I have a feeling its my cpu and motherboard since they are so old, but I have no idea what it is to be honest. I just need to figure out what it is so I can buy a new part that will actually make my computer run well and fast.

Here are my specs at the moment:

Motherboard: ASUS Rock z77 (old part)
CPU: Sandy bridge i7 2700k 3.5 GHz (old part)
Video Card: MSI GTX 970 ( new)
Storage: EVO 500GB SSD (new)
Memory: two 8 GB Hyper X Fury (cant remember speed) and one 4 GB (old) memory stick that still works, and it has the same speed as the rest of the memory sticks.

Solution
Running a game and streaming will be very cpu intensive. Have you already overclocked your i7 2700K? You have a nice Z board and an unlocked K cpu. Might be worth ramping it up a bit to squeeze the last bit of performance out of it.

You also might want to try looking for better software for streaming. Sometimes the software itself is poorly optimized. Your streaming settings might also have to do with it as well, as it might be worth while to stream at a lower resolution and frame rate for a much smoother picture quality overall.

LowlySkeleton

Estimable
Aug 5, 2015
Running a game and streaming will be very cpu intensive. Have you already overclocked your i7 2700K? You have a nice Z board and an unlocked K cpu. Might be worth ramping it up a bit to squeeze the last bit of performance out of it.

You also might want to try looking for better software for streaming. Sometimes the software itself is poorly optimized. Your streaming settings might also have to do with it as well, as it might be worth while to stream at a lower resolution and frame rate for a much smoother picture quality overall.

Solution