Computer wont recognize MMC card, camera will

capnhowdy

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
I'm trying to get photos off of my 16mb Canon MultiMediaCard MMC-16M. I can view these photos on my Canon PowerShot A630 camera just fine.

I tried inserting the MMC it into the SD/MMC/RS slot of one of my school's Vista PCs, and three .exe files show up, DCIM.exe, MISC.exe, and Flashy.exe. Running any of these executables results in an error message stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So then I kept the MMC inside the camera but decided to attach the camera to the PC via the USB port. I turned the camera on, changed it from "shooting" to "viewing" mode the way I always did before to get pictures off of the camera's memory card this way in the past. The computer recognizes the camera, and when I attempt to Import pictures using Windows, it comes up with an error message stating "No new pictures or videos were found on this device". When I attempt to open up the device to view files using Windows Explorer, Explorer comes up with one removable storage device that has a capacity of 15.2 MB, but when I click on it, there's no files to be found.

I then attempted connecting the camera via USB to one of my school's iMacs running OSX and importing the pictures using iPhoto. The computer recognized the camera, but did not detect any photos.

I switched the MMC inside the camera with an SDHC I had, took a few pictures with that, and was able to upload photos from the camera very easily.

These were very important pictures that I took on the MMC, I'm DESPERATE to find a way to get them off of the camera. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.