Conflict between Corsair LINK and AI Suite?

phoenixstopmotions

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Hello,
My Asus motherboard uses AI suite to control the fans however my rgb RAM requires Corsair LINK to control the colours of the lights. Since LINK is also used for fan control, will I cause problems to the computer running both at the same time? Will they conflict? If so, what can I do to avoid this while still being able to control the rgb ram? Thank you.

Solution
MSI afterburner is one, HWinfo64 is another fine application also. I use them both to monitor what I want in games. Consider Core Temp too if you like.

See combination of MSI afterburner amd HWinfo64 I have configured here

Myrmidonas

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
It is not wise to use more than one application to control your fans' speeds, but, AI suite only controls the fans connected to the MB headers where LINK is made to control Corsair cooling product's mostly like AIO Liquid cooling solutions. I have both AI suite and LINK on my system but I have set up AI suite to control lets say FANS 1 an 2 and LINK to control FAN 3 and the FANS located on my AIO cooling the radiator. You can do the same or you may disable the control of FANS on one application depending on your needs.

Example of my LINK's custom configuration photo

phoenixstopmotions

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
That sounds like the way to go, as I only need LINK for my RAM lights, and AI suite seems to read the temperature 10 degrees C lower than what it actually is. I only need AI suite for my fan curve too. Are there any tutorials on how to disable LINK from interfering with the fans and only do the RAM colours? Also do you know any accurate CPU/Case fan curve programs/temperature monitors? Thanks very much for your help.

Myrmidonas

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
MSI afterburner is one, HWinfo64 is another fine application also. I use them both to monitor what I want in games. Consider Core Temp too if you like.

See combination of MSI afterburner amd HWinfo64 I have configured here

Solution

Myrmidonas

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Link only monitors the MB FANS, and changes the speed of Corsair AIO FANS. In the configuration if you click on the MB FANS you will see that you can not change the profiles at all, they do not exist. All you see is the graph that represents the RPM over time.