Solved! Connect marantz cr610 to audio pro air one

Nov 20, 2018
I'd like to connect my marantz cr610 receiver to my audio pro allroom air one speaker. Any simple ideas? I'm having a lot of difficulty getting the air one on my home network. Connected cr610 easily. Thanks vm

Solution
Huh? what? u want to do what?

People hook passive speakers to receivers, and you want to connect this active speaker to the receiver, through the network?

This active speaker is designed to work stand-alone, without the receiver. Through the network, u can directly talk to it via Airplay (iPhone), DLNA (a PC/laptop).

The Marantz is also Airplay and DLNA capable, but YOUR PROBLEM IS, both of these pieces are PLAYERS (in DLNA parlance). They take signal IN. In any system, there is a SOURCE signal (iPhone, PC, BR, turntable etc) talking to a PLAYER. You seem to want your Marantz (player 1) to talk to Air One (player 2). A PLAYER CANNOT TALK TO ANOTHER PLAYER.

In conclusion you have 2 pieces with duplicated functions. Either keep Air...
Huh? what? u want to do what?

People hook passive speakers to receivers, and you want to connect this active speaker to the receiver, through the network?

This active speaker is designed to work stand-alone, without the receiver. Through the network, u can directly talk to it via Airplay (iPhone), DLNA (a PC/laptop).

The Marantz is also Airplay and DLNA capable, but YOUR PROBLEM IS, both of these pieces are PLAYERS (in DLNA parlance). They take signal IN. In any system, there is a SOURCE signal (iPhone, PC, BR, turntable etc) talking to a PLAYER. You seem to want your Marantz (player 1) to talk to Air One (player 2). A PLAYER CANNOT TALK TO ANOTHER PLAYER.

In conclusion you have 2 pieces with duplicated functions. Either keep Air One if that satisfies your need. If you HAVE to have Marantz, then use normal L+R Passive speakers and add a self-powered, stand-alone sub.

Solution
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah. the cr610 doesn't see the speaker. I can't seem to get music from the speaker, so I thought if I "hard wired" it to the cr610, the cr610 would be a controller of sorts. Does that make sense?

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks. I don't know how to check the full range stuff. I don't have a subwoofer. Seems like lots of folks have trouble with the allroom air one. It's good sound when it plays, but it's tempermental.