Connect PC to Android via WLAN?

Roshen

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013
Hi!
I've been using Shareit for few months now. And while I'm transferring data to my phone, it goes from 'Connected' to 'Connected, but no internet'. Since the router is in a different room, data transfer isn't that fast either (Haven't reached 1MBps yet).
Is there any way I can connect my PC (Windows 8.1 9600) and Android (8.1 Oreo) directly via WLAN without using a router?
Thanks!
P.S.: I can give up Shareit fore more speed.

Solution
Every modern version of Android is capable of acting as a hotspot. Most carriers have locked this down so you can't use it to share the phone's Internet access, but you should be able to use it to transfer data between your phone and PC. Basically it turns your phone into a WiFi router that your PC can connect to.

I don't think the phone will show up as a device on your PC, but you should be able to transfer files to/from a Windows share via a program like ES File Explorer.

https://www.bestusefultips.com/use-wifi-hotspot-on-android-oreo/
Every modern version of Android is capable of acting as a hotspot. Most carriers have locked this down so you can't use it to share the phone's Internet access, but you should be able to use it to transfer data between your phone and PC. Basically it turns your phone into a WiFi router that your PC can connect to.

I don't think the phone will show up as a device on your PC, but you should be able to transfer files to/from a Windows share via a program like ES File Explorer.

https://www.bestusefultips.com/use-wifi-hotspot-on-android-oreo/

Solution

Roshen

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013

Thank you for replying.
I've connected via USB few times. But everytime it causes few file crashes here and there in my SD card.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that!

Roshen

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2013

Thanks for the reply!
I took your advice and started looking for different apps. I'm afraid ES File Explorer didin't connect.
but WiFi File Transfer did the trick!
Again, Thanks!