Connect Sony DVP-SR210P DVD hookup up to Vizio D24hn-E1 tv

Feb 12, 2018
I'm trying to connect a Sony DVP-SR210P DVD hookup up to Vizio D24hn-E1 tv. DVD player came with red/yellow/white component cable. It was supposed to come with an RCA-hdmi cable. But after reading here, the hdmi-RCA won't work? Any suggestions as to how I can make this work? TIA.

Solution
I had to do some hunting around to figure this one out.
It seems like there were two models of that TV, with different ways they handled the Component connection. Normally it's 5 RCA style connectors - 3 for video and 2 for audio. Yours combines the video into one 3.5 mm jack, and the audio into one 3.5mm jack.
Your DVD player does not do HDMI, but Component is comparable in high def resolution. Your TV itself is only capable of 720 (not 1024), but as I said, it is better than the Composite (yellow/red/white) which is 480.
Anyways, you could get an adapter that takes your DVD players Component and converts it to HDMI, but because it is converting an analog signal to HDMI's Digital signal, you would need an Active (powered) adapter, and...

dudio

Admirable
The Yellow/Red/White connection is actually called Composite, and is the lowest quality available.
Per the specs for both devices, the best connection would be to use Component, which is Red/Green/Blue & Red/White.
You can pick up that cable at most electronic stores for $10-20.

Feb 12, 2018

How do I hookup the components to the tv? The back has only 2 hdmi ports, 1 usb, 1 for a headset and then 2 others.

dudio

Admirable
I had to do some hunting around to figure this one out.
It seems like there were two models of that TV, with different ways they handled the Component connection. Normally it's 5 RCA style connectors - 3 for video and 2 for audio. Yours combines the video into one 3.5 mm jack, and the audio into one 3.5mm jack.
Your DVD player does not do HDMI, but Component is comparable in high def resolution. Your TV itself is only capable of 720 (not 1024), but as I said, it is better than the Composite (yellow/red/white) which is 480.
Anyways, you could get an adapter that takes your DVD players Component and converts it to HDMI, but because it is converting an analog signal to HDMI's Digital signal, you would need an Active (powered) adapter, and it's not worth it. The following links show you what you need, but you may want to source them from somewhere else:

1) A Component cable like *THIS* for the back of your DVD player.
2) An adapter like *THIS* that you will use to combine the Red/Green/Blue ends of the Component cable and plug into the "YPbPr" green coloured jack on the back of the TV.
3) An adapter like *THIS* to connect the Red and White audio connections of the Component cable and plug it into the "L/R" jack on the back of the TV.

Solution