magnificent_90

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
I got an acer w4 , I connect my tablet via a micro hdmi to hdmi converter connected to a hdmi to vga converter to connect to video projector but nothing happens. i duplicate but nothing again. my drivers are up to date and I have win 8.1
the input source on projector seems not to recognize my tab.
I tried on two projectors.
micro hdmi --- hdmi --- vga (two converters are connected serially)

Solution
Check the manual of your adapter, I have seen some hdmi/vga adapters that have buttons on it that navigate a menu. The device will not work right until you set the settings in the menu appropriately.

Have you tried hooking a laptop directly up to the hdmi/vga converter?

Your projector may only like a specific resolution so you may have to reduce your tablet resolution in order for it to display.

I would also test the tablet to a TV or other HDMI input device just to make sure the micro hdmi to hdmi cable is good and working.

This information in no way addresses the questions asked to you.

Yes we know your start out with a micro-hdmi and end up with a VGA connection.
VGA to HDMI adapter (the much more common one) converts the Analog signal coming in, into digital HDMI signal, this will not work for your situation.
HDMI to VGA down-converts the digital HDMI signal to VGA and strips out any audio signal. This is what you need.

Also if the VGA port is not the ONLY video port on your projector then you may have another option with DVI.

magnificent_90

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
theres no other options than vga on the projector, so I cannot connect my tab with these converters ? :(
Is there any other way??? I bought this tablet cuz its so portable, then I could have my presentations on it at university :(

I HAVE ASKED 2 TIMES NOW.

Is the converter HDMI -> VGA (Input of HDMI being down converted to VGA signal)
or is it VGA -> HDMI. (Input of VGA being up converted to HDMI signal).

If you have a VGA -> HDMI it will not work for your situation.

Simply look at the box and see which one it is.

I cant make it any simplier/dumber then that.

Just because it has HDMI port on one side and VGA port on the other does not mean which way it converts from, its one direction only, you can get an A -> B converter OR a B -> A converter, the same converter can not do both.

If you fully understand the difference I am talking about and know it is specifically down-converting the HDMI signal (will say input on the hdmi side of the box) to VGA connection (would say output on vga cable) then my apologies, your responses just never demonstrated comprehension of the difference and certainly did not give us a link of the adapter.

Check the manual of your adapter, I have seen some hdmi/vga adapters that have buttons on it that navigate a menu. The device will not work right until you set the settings in the menu appropriately.

Have you tried hooking a laptop directly up to the hdmi/vga converter?

Your projector may only like a specific resolution so you may have to reduce your tablet resolution in order for it to display.

I would also test the tablet to a TV or other HDMI input device just to make sure the micro hdmi to hdmi cable is good and working.

Solution

ericboston58

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

I know this an old thread, hoping for some clarification. I use my iphone6s for powerpoint presentations on an acer k11 which has an hdmi port. I have an apple lightning digital av adapter that goes into my phone and then I use hdmi cable from that to projector. It works perfect. I just purchased a Hitachi CP-X275 projector as a spare. It does not have HDMI. I purchased a HDMI to VGA adapter and connect to the RGB port on back of projector and then to this adapter. I am getting no signal at RGB input on projector. Do I need a VGA to HDMI adapter instead?

Thanks