Connecting 2 receivers together Sony sdrdh770 and kenwood vr6060

cristy2270

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Hi I want to connect a Sony strdh770 and kenwood VR 6060. If I can get some advice in how to connect this together I will appreciate it. Thanks.

Since the Sony doesn't have any audio outputs you can connect a speaker to line level converter in parallel with the front speakers. Connect that to an audio input on the Kenwood. The Sony volume control will affect the volume of all the speakers but the Kenwood volume control would be able to adjust the remote speakers.
Or get an impedance matching speaker selector and connect both the front and remote speakers to it. No additional
In either case you need to set the Sony to either stereo or multichannel 5.1 stereo mode. This will not allow you to adjust the volume separately though.

cristy2270

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
together so I can play a set of speakers in one room and the other in a different room. The main receiver Sony is set up to work with the cable box and Roku. But sometimes I’d like to sit in a different room.

mjslakeridge

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Doesn't the Sony have connections for an "A" and "B" set of speakers, and a little switch on the front where you can select A, B, Off or A+B? My older Sony receiver has this feature. You shouldn't need the second receiver to power a second set of speakers.

Since the Sony doesn't have any audio outputs you can connect a speaker to line level converter in parallel with the front speakers. Connect that to an audio input on the Kenwood. The Sony volume control will affect the volume of all the speakers but the Kenwood volume control would be able to adjust the remote speakers.
Or get an impedance matching speaker selector and connect both the front and remote speakers to it. No additional
In either case you need to set the Sony to either stereo or multichannel 5.1 stereo mode. This will not allow you to adjust the volume separately though.

mjslakeridge

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Looks like they have really changed things since the days of my STR-965 (which I still use). I looked at the picture of the back panel of the STRDH-770 on Sony's website. They label the speaker outputs (among other things) Front A and Front B. I am wondering if in 2 channel stereo mode it would allow connecting an A and a B set of speakers like I described above? There is a small button on the left side of the front panel that is labeled speakers. I wonder if it allows you to toggle between A, B, A+B and off like my old unit. I didn't download the manual for the 770, I was just going by the visuals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 9
S Audio 1
D Audio 4
M Audio 2
Mccoy08 Audio 2
B Audio 3
S Audio 1
B Audio 4
J Audio 2
J Audio 1
T Audio 2