Connecting a PC to the Internet using nokia 2730 classic.

tuxu

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
Hi all and thank you for taking an interest in my question. :)

I have a cellular device called "nokia 2730 classic" and as far as I know most cell-phones are also a type of a modem.
I would like to know what do I have to do inorder to connect my PC to the Internet using nokia 2730 classic(like a USB cellular modem with SIM card)?
I did configured my home network to work through my router and am using this link right now but i would like to have the possibility to use an alternate device such as my cell-phone inorder to connect to the net.
there are two types of connections I'm interested about:
1. cell-phone -> PC
2. cell-phone -> router > PC (is this even possible?)

My current OS is Windows XP with all the SPs.

How do I do it?
thank you in advance, Tuxu.

Solution
if you have the nokia pc suite installed, or else go to nokia.com nd download the latest pc suite that is supported for ur mobile
1. connect ur device
2. open the pc suite
3. then click the button connect to internet
4. then press the configure button
5. select ur mobile from the drop down list nd press nexr
6. now select ur operator from the drop down list (u r done, nw u can use da internet)

nd

if u dont find ur operator on the list then select the second option (i.e. configure the connection manually) nd press next
7. write the acesspoint of ur operator (username nd password if ur operator have ne or else leave blank) nd press the tick button (nd u can connect 2 net nw)

tuxu

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
I know how to make my PC to recognize the device lol. :)
It does recognize it because i can backup my cellphone on my PC but *HOW* do I cause the computer to surf through it?!?
Is it a dial-up? what type of connection do i need to set? how do i know what the setting are? how do i know what to configure?

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
if you have the nokia pc suite installed, or else go to nokia.com nd download the latest pc suite that is supported for ur mobile
1. connect ur device
2. open the pc suite
3. then click the button connect to internet
4. then press the configure button
5. select ur mobile from the drop down list nd press nexr
6. now select ur operator from the drop down list (u r done, nw u can use da internet)

nd

if u dont find ur operator on the list then select the second option (i.e. configure the connection manually) nd press next
7. write the acesspoint of ur operator (username nd password if ur operator have ne or else leave blank) nd press the tick button (nd u can connect 2 net nw)

Solution

tuxu

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009

OK! thats a great help! :)
thank you.

Few more question are:
1. can I see my network setting in my 2730? username\pass ect? can I extract them?
2. is it secured? can somebody hack my cellphone? is there an app that can protect me from viruses?

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
1. if ur internet settings r configured in ur mobile, then u can c it.
Go 2 menu>settings>configuration
u can find da settings there

2. It should b secured. I sumtym use my mobile as modem nd i hvnt hve ne prob.

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
1. if ur internet settings r configured in ur mobile, then u can c it.
Go 2 menu>settings>configuration
u can find da settings there

2. It should b secured. I sumtym use my mobile as modem nd i hvnt hve ne prob.

tuxu

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
why do not buy a web card for your PC? I think even you can surf by this way, the speed that you surf the websites is very limited.

I have a 10mb/ps connection so i dont need one.

Just wanted to know howto so i wont be wifi dependent if I already have the capability in my cellphone.

Thank you. :)