Connecting a stereo with no output capability

Jun 1, 2018
Hello, I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I know almost nothing about this field. I have an old receiver with multiple RCA inputs for various items like a turntable, etc. It is connected to a set of speakers. I would like to connect to this setup a newer item that has no output. It is a CD player/bluetooth stereo. The only thing it has is a place to attach the speaker wires to. Could I convert some speaker wires to RCA connections, and plug that into the old receiver? Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Jun 1, 2018
Thank you jay32267. So what you're saying is that I should hook up the stereo speaker cables to a converter to adjust the level before inputting it into the receiver, which will then amplify it and output it to the speakers. Is this correct?

Also, would something as simple as this product work? I believe it's for car audio, but if it suffices for my needs, then it's the right price.
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI-35-Variable-Line-Converter/dp/B001EAWS3W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527900190&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=speaker+level+to+line+level+converter+rca+male

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Audio 2
samyt485 Audio 2
S Audio 1
B Audio 2
I Audio 2
J Audio 1
L Audio 1
F Audio 1
M Audio 3
V Audio 1
D Audio 3
C Audio 7
B Audio 1
D Audio 3
T Audio 1
S Audio 1
V Audio 5
T Audio 1
S Audio 1
K Audio 3
Similar threads
Question How do I connect a pre-amp/amp/sub combo
Question Can I connect Technics Stereo to my PC?
Question Connection of Subwoofer with R-S202bl Stereo Receiver
Question connect a "weather proof" microphone to my home stereo
Question Connect 2 stereo output to 1 headphone
Solved! How to get my lg magic remote to control my sony stereo receiver connected through optical cable
Solved! How to connect a mono jack to a stereo plug?
Solved! How do I connect my BOSE 3.2.1 Series ll stereo red and white cables to my un65nu800D Smart TV
Solved! why does my stereo make a humming sound when i connect to my tv
How to connect ibiastek stereo to lg model #50PT350C
Connect old stereo thing to old tv
Connecting CD player without rca outputs to stereo receiver
Connect Exibel BDX610 Bluetooth DAB Stereo System to Exibel BTX1500 Tower Speaker?
How to connect wireless headphone or ear buds to old stereo w standard 3.5mm plug in but no Bluetooth
Looking to hookup subwoofer to alpine Car stereo that has rca output sub has only speaker wire connection
connecting a 5+1 surround speaker system to a pioneer #sx-2300 stereo receiver 2channel/4speaker output
How to connect new CD/blue-ray player's digital-only output to older analog-only stereo rcvr?
how to connect analog audio input to stereo amplifier to optical output of Panasonic TC-L32C12 TV?
Help .. strange bluetooth device stereo output , how to connect it to external speakers
Connecting digital wireless speakers to stereo receiver speaker output

ASK THE COMMUNITY