Connecting my existing surround sound to a new DVD player

amfearnley

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
I am using a relatively new SONY DVD/amplifier internet box in another room and still wish to use the 6 3 ohm speakers that it came with. So the speakers have colour coded little sockets to input into what? Ideally I'd like a cheap DVD player but I think it needs to be an amplifier too? Basically does anyone know what the connectors are called and can they suggest a cheapish DVD player or even just an amplifier so that i can still use my Sony surround speakers?

You would need a DVD/Receiver from a home theater package that can handle 3 ohm speakers. They don't sell those without speakers.
Standard AV receivers don't have the amp built in for the sub and most can't handle 3 ohm speakers. No cheap solution there. Cheaper to get a new complete HTS.
The connectors on the speaker wire are usually proprietary two conductor ones. Not compatible with any other brand although they can be cut off.

You would need a DVD/Receiver from a home theater package that can handle 3 ohm speakers. They don't sell those without speakers.
Standard AV receivers don't have the amp built in for the sub and most can't handle 3 ohm speakers. No cheap solution there. Cheaper to get a new complete HTS.
The connectors on the speaker wire are usually proprietary two conductor ones. Not compatible with any other brand although they can be cut off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
ggg_123 Streaming Video & TVs 4
bridgestone-tired Streaming Video & TVs 1
tlaudahl Streaming Video & TVs 2
Anti-Gravity Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
nik0sl Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1