Connecting speakers and headset to motherboard 3.5mm

Sep 18, 2018
I've got a x1 male to x2 female 3.5mm splitter and i can connect both my speakers and headset to it at the back of the motherboard but is it possible to make it so you can choose which one will be active at a time because at the moment both the speakers and headset are active simultaneously which isn't ideal at all.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
I don't think that's possible when you are using a splitter since your PC cannot distinguish one from the other.

You need to have them plugged in to separate jacks (ie speakers plugged in to speaker out/line out jack at the back, headphones plugged in to headphone jack at the front if there is one). Your audio configuration utility in Windows will then know which is which.

Sep 18, 2018

My motherboard is Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sound guy Audio 1
Bandits13 Audio 6
Parsa_kh Audio 3
A Audio 1
S Audio 1
J Audio 1
dopeeh Audio 1
B Audio 1
J Audio 8
JonathanDQT Audio 2
R Audio 1
Est2000Eli Audio 1
K Audio 4
E Audio 3
B Audio 3
O Audio 2
W Audio 1
A Audio 2
Belkon Audio 1
Z Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Question How to connect 2 speakers and sound bar to an amp
Question connecting 2.1 desktop speakers as rear (surround) speaker to pc
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question How to connect older (but great) speakers (2) to newer LED TV?
Question How do I connect active speakers to an active speaker with no RCA output?
Question Can I connect the speaker output of an old jukebox to the RCA auxillary input on a separate amplifier?
Question how can I connect a SYBA USA VGA to HDMI converter Audio connector to an external amp/speaker
Solved! Connecting Logitech MX Sound 2.0 to subwoofer
Question How should I connect computer speakers
Question HELP! Connecting old JVC Speakers to audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett)
How to connect wireless MIC to Wireless speakers for Teaching in Auditorium purpose
I have bluetooth headsets and want to pair them to a non bluetooth receiver which has speakers and a tv connected to it .
Stereo speakers and headset connected to PC
how to play music in speaker when headset is connected
Headset is connected, speaker on
how to connect usb voip headset to separate speaker to allow hearing through headset speaker and the other
Rear, Side, Center/Subwoofer Audio Connections To Front Audio Connection
Connecting both speakers and headset to back panel

ASK THE COMMUNITY