Cooling down HP G7000

Ciprian2013

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Dear all,
I've received for free a HP G7035EA and I'm trying to make it working.
I upgraded the CPU to T6600 and changed the ram 2 x 1gb ddr2 667mhz
unfortunately, the video card seems to be changed (reballing ?) and it's heating extremly, above 70 degree C. Instead of Intel GMA X3100 it's appearing Intel GL960 / GM965 chipset. if I stay too long in high performance plan , it's suddenly close. I have an cooling pad Manhattan, but it's seems insufficient. I've take off the plastic covering ram&video card, but still overheat extremely. I've unplugged battery and set max cpu state 75% both on battery & plugged in. cooling state is set on active.
I've installed win7 64 (laptop is built for vista). I've updated the bios to latest version from hp website.
Aida's 64 sensors temps:
cpu 27 c
cpu core1 63 C
cpu core2 62 C
GMCH1 69 C
GMCH2 44 C
hdd 38 C

what can I do to cool laptop down ? I want to do everything possible, including changing gpu, reballing video card, undervolting laptop , investing a serious cooling pad. even a sata 2 ssd upgrade.
what do you think it can be done ?
consider your answer as a challenge :)

edited for Instead of Intel GMA X3100 it's appearing Intel GL960 / GM965 chipset - changed by infamous first owner & seller.

beyondlogic

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

bench or table
screw driver multiple precision screwdriver set
Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure ( cleaning fluid dont breath it in well vented room preferable near window)
cotton swabs ( clean of chip and cooler apu is usually just one chip)
plastic gift card to spread paste even
mx4 paste
compressed air can
thermal pad copper and other pads( non copper)
Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive ( this is a non removal method needed to keep chipset secure if using copper)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaH4GLDHgms

remove your cpu cooler and fan be careful with screws and fan header attached to motherboard

clean of your cooler with the iso alcohol and cotton swabs and clean the pipe well buff the cooler dry till its shiny and blow out the fan and vents inside the actual laptop itself and vents on the cooler.

next clean of the dies of cpu and gpu with the iso alcohol
dry of with coffee filters or anti static cloth
followed by applying mx4 paste on the cpu pea size only use the card to spread the paste out evenly and enough so you cant see the die. then put on the clean dry cpu cooler and fan back in place.

next apply Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive pea size follow instuctions on how to mix then put on the copper pad

add a non copper self adhesive pad cut to size and apply on the other exposed chips look for thin pads so it doesnt stop you assembling.

clean any dust away then reassemble everything screw everything back in and lock in place.

start up your laptop temps should be

well below on cpu core 1 and 2 should be down in the 50c region

and the video should have plummeted a tonne