Cop Drives 126mph While Texting, Kills Teen Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I believe this happened years ago - I think the news here is that he's now seeking compensation.

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Wow, i cant imagine being the parents of those kids.
Or what it would be like to pay such a huge price for a mistake.

Sad story all around.
(Ignore texts while driving FFS)

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Geeze, government employee's get it all "2yrs with pay" and "worker's compensation"
I guess killing people pays in the eyes of the government ...

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I read the info article.

"he insisted on the stand that he was not responsible for this crash"
This guy didnt even take ownership of his mistake in court, FAIL.

G

Civilian "breaks the law" and rolls slowly through a stop sign and does nothing dangerous to hurt anybody = $200 fine.

Cop "breaks the law" and texts while driving and kills 2 people = two years of paid vacation.

On the bright side, at least the families can get some justice and sue the cop and take that worker's compensation check from him, for he surely does not deserve a penny of it.

dallaswits

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]dallaswits[/nom]I read the info article."he insisted on the stand that he was not responsible for this crash"This guy didnt even take ownership of his mistake in court, FAIL.[/citation]

He didnt get compensation.
He was first suspended with pay while the court proceeding where ongoing.
Then lost his job completely once he plead guilty.
And i doubt he will recieve unemployment.

However, if he had insurance at the time of the wreck, it should have covered his injuries, i dont see how the state owes him a thing.

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This is sad to the Nth degree. Cop should be in prison for life. Cell phone use and texting while driving should be as bad of an offense as DUI.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
30 months probation for vehicular manslaughter... Tell me if anyone other than a cop wouldn't be doing ten or more years. This is bullshit!

jvc21

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
Uh...what? worker's compensation? for being an idiot driver and killing two teen girls that shouldn't have died?

That's just messed up. I hope he doesn't get jack.

Nickolie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
I wonder how many people hes busted for speeding, or using their phones whilst driving? I hope he gets sent down for this - a cop in prision is soon going to be someones play toy.

G

No JAIl for this guy? is this a joke? just that he has to pay money ?
what a joke this is, in all the world! i hope his family " benefits" from the same treatment that that family did when tehy died!

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Suspended with Pay WTF! If I were to do the same I would get a death sentence yet this guy gets to go free with pay! That is truly hypocrisy on part of the legal system. -_-

ryu750

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have never understood this. can somebody please explain this to me. If a person would have killed somebody accidentally they would be charged with manslaughter, fines and possible jail time.

If a police officer kills somebody accidentally, they get two years vacation and $136,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.